I'm not.
I'm more of a be dramatic (even if only on the inside)and sentimental about every little change kind of person. And whew! Change! That's another rough thing for me.
We leave here 6 weeks from today. Jonny is going to Arizona for 5 months for training and the kids and I are going to stay at my parent's house with them for that time. I am trying to be excited about the whole thing, but it's not working so well!
Every time I drive into Monterey I think "Oh! This is so beautiful and we are leaving it!"
And the ocean...this one is for my fellow beach fanatics - Mom, Lara, Aubrey, and Kaedi. Sigh.
I told Jonny I was sad to leave the ocean and he told me to go do things in the mountains when I am in Utah. What? He is not a beach person. He doesn't understand. He is adorable, even if he is not a beach person...
But let's think positive, shall we? While I am so going to miss Jonny, at least I know he is safe here and not in the Middle East somewhere, right? And while I will miss friends I've made here, I will make new friends there and then I just have more wonderful friends. And I will miss the ocean, but there is always Utah lake! Just kidding, but there are always the majestic mountains - any time I see even a picture of them my eyes tear up a little because it is home.
And if I do start feeling a little down, I always have this to cheer me up:
Little Beach Bum
Warm, lovey baby fresh from a nap with creases on his face from cuddling with his favorite blanky.
9 comments:
o i love the pics (emma's lil beach bum too)! i can see why you'll miss it. monterey IS one of the most beautiful spots in our country...i'm sorry you will be leaving if only for a short while. don't worry the beach will always be there right? as dan says to me (quoting mr. billy joel) 'slow down you crazy girl...vienna waits for you' :) where will you go after jonny's training?
I can feel your pain. We have a picture of carmel in our room and we just dream about that dreamy place. can't wait to come and see it and you and your family.
That's a bummer that you guys are leaving so soon. That picture of Emma's beach bum is so funny. Your kids are the cutest!
Monteray IS beautiful and I'm sorry you have to leave it!
Ha ha! Yes, there is always Utah Lake. I know exactly how you feel. Brady told me today it was time to start packing things up and get ready for our move in 24 days! AHH
I know exactly what you mean, we lived with my parents for 3 1/2 months and finally we had to move to Nebraska, even though it's only for a couple months. It's not that parents aren't nice, I'm just too old with too many kids to be back at home! I needed my own space. So now we live in a teeny tiny little inn with an accordian wall that separates the bedroom and living room/kitchen. How's that for my own space! Your kids, as always, are adorable.
Sigh indeed. Nothing beats warm sand between your toes, and a diet coke/skor bar combo in your hand. Those were the days... now its more like, "Stop eating that sand. Come back here. No we don't go in the water with the camera. No we don't fill our diaper with sand." Oh the list goes on and on... So sad you're leaving, but SO EXCITED THAT YOU WILL BE BLOCKS AWAY FROM ME WHEN WE VISIT MARC'S FAM!!!! :)
Sad, it is hard to leave. I can't imagine leaving CA! But, I'm so glad you'll be closer! We'll have to try to see each other often.
Thanks for the beach video post! I almost cried I wanted to be there so bad... I'd rather be on Kauai though :)(with you and the whole fam naturally)
Post a Comment