I took Matthew's diaper off and set it on the ground. I left it open so that I could put the wipe I was using in it after I was done wiping his little bottom. Just then Emma came dancing by. You can see where this is going.
The sticky tab on the diaper attached itself to her chiffony little "dressing gown" (she calls it) and starts dragging along behind her. I started yelling in a panicky voice, "Emma! Stop! Stop! STOP!" Jonny couldn't see and had no idea what was going on except that he knew I was changing a stinky diaper and he heard me yelling, so he sits up and starts yelling too, "EMMA! STOP!" Well, little Miss Emma hears us yelling at her, and instead of stopping just speeds up to get away from us - I think we kind of scared her - and hightails it to the couch and jumps on. The dirty diaper has some pretty good momentum by then and is still attached to her dressing gown. It is flung under the couch and then as she climbs up onto the couch is dragged all the way up behind her and is left dangling, open, in mid-air.
For the rest of the night and all the next day Emma would get this worried look on her little face and say, "I'm sorry I stepped in the dirty diaper. I didn't mean to step in the diaper. I'm sorry."
10 comments:
I laughed so hard at this story. I entertained the whole family by telling it at the dinner table. It was fun to see everyone laughing out loud together. You know the boys -- just mentioning the word "diaper" sends them into gales of laughter. Thanks for writing it down for posterity!
dearest emma,
it's ok. sometimes poop gets dragged around. i have to step around it all the time on the nyc streets...of course, in that case, it is doggy doo doo. you are still the funniest girl ever. and you have such an awesome mommy - you're just staying one step ahead of her. :) xoxo, diane
she is so funny! i can't wait to see you guys this summer!
AAAAHHHHH!!!!! The Joys of PooP!!
Isn't it funny how before kids-the thought of poop was so gross. Now we are constantly scrubbing it off of everything and everyone-not a big deal! It's just poop!
Loved that story...I'm sure it'll be followed by many many more!
Okay, seriously, you never fail to make me laugh at the things that happen in your house! You are too cute with how you write. It was so great to see you guys a few weeks ago -- hope you're feeling better soon! Let me know if you come this way again this summer so we can spend some more time together!
Amanda,
I have said it before and I will say it again that, potty training is the worst part of being a mother. I loved the poop story it cracks me up! Chris had his eyes done a few years ago so I completely envision what jonny looked like during this event. Hysterical!
Ahh, you brightened a gloomy day for me...thanks for reminding me how grateful I should be to be out of that stage! I love you, MOM
ohhh I just read that story again and it made me laugh again! how I love the little bug..
I desperately needed a good story today. Thanks for sharing some of the fun in your house! I can't stop laughing right now. I know we always say this, but we really need to get together. It has been much too long!
Post a Comment