We drove down Lombard Street, drove past some really old mansions in Pacific Heights (yeah, we did lots of driving in an attempt to avoid dragging the kids in and out of the car) and went to the Golden Gate Bridge Park to see the Japanese Tea Gardens. The gardens were really beautiful and fun to see, but by then we were all hot, tired, hungry, and getting a little cranky - picture me noticing that Matthew is sliding down in the stroller and stepping forward to readjust him only to step on the edge of the path, twist my ankle and fall onto his head. Another typical Amanda moment (Mom, Aubrey, and Lara - I know you are laughing right now, and that's OK. I too have 'Inappropriate Laughter Disorder'. It's genetic).
And here's what the kids thought of the trip...
8 comments:
Sigh. I love SF.
It just wasn't the same without you there, darling Kaedi. I think poor Jonny was getting sick of me saying, "I went there with Kaedi once," or "Kaedi used to live on that street..."
that garden is so gorgeous!
and aww, i hated traveling too when i was a kid.
Arlene,
Bainbridge Island flowers
looks like you wore out your kids!
I was laughing, how did you know?! hehe! Oh and I love that Emma was talking to Cinderella on her cell! how cute! Cinderella never calls me back!
It looks like one of those days, that are not quite fun until they are over and you can look at the pictures. It is a beautiful garden, and will be good memories I'm sure. miss you guys!! I am loving the blog chat with you though.
Call me next time you come up here! I'd love to see you!
what a great trip! there is a great little thai place (not too 'hole-in-the-wall'ish) in the union square area - i will get you the name; stop there when you visit again! :)
Post a Comment