Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My brother-in-law calls it a poop rocket....

....and it's as dangerous as it sounds. You know how it goes, while changing the wee one's buns you lift up her little legs to wipe the hind quarters. All that pressure on her little tummy is more than she can bear and sends yellow newborn poop spraying on all objects near and far. Unfortunately, as the bottom-wiper, I am the object most near. Emma and Matthew both did it, and apparently Miss Sophie didn't want to be left out. She got me good last night. And then she peed everywhere too.



And she looks so innocent.

10 comments:

Dasha said...

that's a good name for you. ahh, the joys of a newbie. at least this time around you have all that experience. and she is just adorable!

rachel said...

looks like she'll fit in just fine with the rest of the kids! Each one has to make mom go through poop initiation!!!!!

Kaedi said...

My favorite is the middle of the night poop rockets that get EVERYWHERE but you're just too sleepy to notice until the morning. Yep, love those. And I can't get over how cute she is, Amanda! Darling, darling!!!

erin said...

Been there, done that, didn't enjoy it! She's cute!!!!

erin said...

Been there, done that, didn't enjoy it! She's cute!!!!

Just Me said...

I was reading your mommy comments on the left... Emma is such a sweetie.

Read and Camille King said...

amanda, she is a little sweetie. i have to admit that ive never been pooped on.(knock on wood) not to brag or anything, but in a way I am. we miss you guys and i want to snuggle that sophie. shes just so cute.

thebush3 said...

Now that I think about it - I am really not looking forward to newborn diapers - in response to your comment - have your husband ask his Training NCO, Readiness NCO, First Sergent, or Commander who it is - you might get lucky - they might ask you to do it if they don't have one - what unit are you guys in?

Aubrey Norby said...

Darling baby!

Latter-day Saint Mom said...

lol! gotta love the newborn diaper changes! She sure looks adorable!